GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These general terms and conditions apply to anyone accessing information viewing pages or placing orders utilising any part of the Medicinechest website ('Website'). By utilising the Website you acknowledge your acceptance of these general terms and conditions. Medicinechest retains the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without warning or prior notice.
2. The Website is owned by Medicinechest (Registered Co. No. 0392 4354) whose Registered office address is Medicine Chest St Marys Court,The Broadway Amersham, Bucks HP7 0UT Telephone: 01494 618570 Mobile: 07866 423470 for as long as Medicinechest subscribes to the pharmacy website service provided by MedicineChest Limited
3.Unless otherwise stated, all NHS repeat prescription requests ordered through Medicinechest are processed by Medicinechest and all on-line sales apart for in-store offers, including one off NHS and Private Prescriptions ordered through Medicinechest web site will be fulfilled on our behalf by our partner, H I Weldrick Limited, registered office: Leedale House, Railway Court, Doncaster, DN4 5FB . Click here to see the full terms and conditions for HI Weldrick Ltd.
4. H I Weldrick Limited is registered (ID: 1091175) with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) details of the registration can be found at the GPhC website www.pharmacyregulation.org.
5. The contents of the Website are specifically for the residents of the UK. The law concerning the operation of the Website is governed by English law and any transaction is deemed to have taken place in England. The Website is therefore subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
6. Anyone wishing to purchase items on the Website is required to submit their details via the Website. The User (anyone utilising any part of the Website, cumulatively referred to as 'you' or 'your') must be aged 16 years or over to order NHS repeat prescriptions and over 18 to purchase any items on the Website. Proof of age may be requested at any time by Medicinechest HI Weldrick Ltd. The User will be responsible for the use of the Website so you must ensure that you keep your log-in and password details private. The User will be responsible for any use or misuse of the Website where your log-in details have been used.
7. Medicinechest, MedicineChest Ltd, HI Weldrick Ltd and NHS Choices have taken reasonable care to ensure the content of the Website is correct and current. Medicinechest, MedicineChest Ltd, HI Weldrick Ltd and NHS Choices disclaims any and all warranties of any kind with respect to the contents of the Website to the full extent permitted by law.
8. Medicinechest, MedicineChest Ltd, HI Weldrick Ltd, related companies and their directors and employees will not be liable for any loss or claims arising from use of the Website or use or interpretation of the information therein; either directly or indirectly. This exclusion does not override any statutory rights. The Users' statutory rights as a consumer are not affected by these terms and conditions.
9. All information and content on the Website is for information only. If the User has any doubts regarding the pharmaceutical products, they should contact their doctor or medical advisor. Users are reminded to check information for products on the packaging and leaflet that comes with the product. Product packaging and leaflet information directions and warnings must be followed when taking the products supplied.
Users must ensure that they follow all product packaging labels and leaflets prior to use. If you suspect, you may have a health care problem you should consult your doctor prior to taking any medicines. Please consult your doctor if you are already taking prescription drugs or are under ongoing medical care before taking any additional pharmaceutical products.
10. We may, from time to time, provide links from the Website to websites that are owned and controlled by third parties. These links are provided only for your convenience and we have no control over and will have no liability in respect of those websites.
11. If any of these terms are held to be unenforceable or invalid then such terms shall be treated as removed so that it does not affect the enforceability or validity of the remaining terms and conditions.
12. You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
13. You understand that you, and not Medicinechest, MedicineChest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only.
14. You must not use the website for any of the following:
-for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam"
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
ALTERATION OF SERVICE OR AMENDMENTS TO THE CONDITIONS
15. We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these conditions of Use & Sale at any time. You will be subject to the policies and conditions or conditions of use and sale in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law of government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL
16. We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
17. All information contained on the Website is wholly owned by Medicinechest, MedicineChest Ltd, HI Weldrick Ltd and NHS Choices; on no account is anyone allowed to download any data or information for commercial use. Users are allowed to download NHS Choices health information, MedicineChest Ltd Health Content and information pertaining to a specific product or products for information only. Health Content by MedicineChest Ltd is made available GP Surgeries, Pharmacies, Dentists and other NHS service providers to download, copy and distribute to Patients for free.
18. Every effort has been made to make sure this database is secure and it can only be accessed by Medicinechest HI Weldrick Limited, trusted MedicineChest Ltd staff and occasionally, trusted third parties such as Doctors, Medical writers and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site.
19. HI Weldrick Ltd will retain purchase, contact and delivery information and for your convenience, Medicinechest, MedicineChest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd retain information about any products you have purchased in the online store to aid your future use of the site and to ensure you do not over purchase restricted medicines. Medicinechest and MedicineChest Ltd will also retain details of Repeat Prescription orders, to enable you manage your repeat prescriptions more effectively and so that the Pharmacist can spot any potential interactions between your repeat prescriptions and your purchases in the online store.
20. We will never pass your details on to any third party unless required by law to do so.
21. As a User joining the Medicinechest Health Wallet will allow you to receive information on special offers and competitions or promotions and in future, points redeemable in the online store. Users can opt-out of this service at any time.
HI Weldrick Ltd Terms and Conditions
These general terms and conditions apply to anyone accessing information, viewing pages or placing orders utilising any part of the Medicinechest operated by HI Weldrick Ltd. from here-on referred to as the website.